[TenTec] Orion Aux Audio Outputs

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Mon Jan 19 19:37:04 EST 2004

Barry,

> Are you saying left aux out doesn't follow left
> headphone output and right aux out doesn't follow
> right headphone output?

I don't have an Orion, but I believe that that is correct. My understanding
is that each of the aux outputs is connected directly to one of the two
DACs. I believe either DAC can be assigned to either left or right output
and if the same output is used for both channels, one DAC may not even be
used and that AUX output will be muted. I remember when playing with the
Orion, it was possible to have a configuration in which there was no output
to the left AUX output (this was before the new manual came out and we
didn't know that there was even a right AUX output).

Mark