[TenTec] Quieting fan

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Mon Jan 19 21:59:17 EST 2004

Ken,

I certainly agree that we are not going to run cold water through 572B's.
:))

In the modern shack there are (at least) three places where there might be a
fan, or a fan might be useful (RTTY), and those are, the computer chip, the
HF rig, and the Amp.  Obviously water is a candidate for only some of these
uses.

I'm not pushing it as a panacea, or as a solution for every case, merely as
an idea which I have applied very successfully for several of my past
applications, and which might occasionally be of use to some Hams in some
cases.  In fact, I'm not pushing it at all...its just a fascinating and very
efficient idea, in those cases where it can be used.

Regards,

Gary
AA2IZ