[TenTec] Buying a New Orion?

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 00:19:16 EST 2004

> I read in the Orion groups that bugs have sticking to
> the list for longer that they should have already. The
> goal should be 756Pro class performance, mine hasn't
> needed a power reset in the two years I've owned it,
> nor have I ever pressed a button that put it into an
> "unwelcome state".

Are you just telling us you like your radio?  That's fine.  Keep it.
Why come over here and wax negatively about a radio you don't
seem to have owned?  I haven't gone to the Icom lists and bashed
the radios there that "I read about in the groups" ... (and there was
plenty to read).  Heck, I even owned some, and didn't go the Icom
groups to gloat over having gotten rid of them.

This seems to be an Icom-guy thing (no intent of starting the brand
wars again), but they keep showing up to tell us about the bad
things they hear about the Orion.  I wonder why they even care?

> What's your Orion worth two years down the line?

What's your PRO worth two years down the line?

Why do these kinds of posts keep showing up?  "I read in the
groups ..."  In a lot of cases, what you read in the groups is of less
value than what you find on the wall in the stall.

So?  If you've owned one and given your personal (and hopefully
rational) arguments for passing it on, fine.  you're certainly welcome
not to like it.  Otherwise, it's just a troll.

Grant/NQ5T