[TenTec] FS: Ten-Tec Century 21 - fixer upper

Dave Redfearn n4elm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 21:12:00 EST 2004

For Sale: Ten-Tec Century 21 HF rig.

Covers 80, 40, 20, & 15 Meters CW transmit & receive
Has direct conversion receiver - can receive CW, SSB, & AM.
With RIT and CW audio filters, QSK on transmit.
Built-in AC power supply.

Good cosmetic condition, looks all original except for 4 screws on the
bottom case.
Some scratches on the case covers.
The PTO is a little stiff but no slippage across the tuning range.
Photocopy of manual included.

The radio was sold to me as having a problem of "going into transmit
whenever powered on".
However, that problem has not appeared, instead it appears that there is a
problem in the final amplifier module.
By-passing the final amp module, the low level driver module supplies about
1/2 watt on all bands.
With the final amp module inline, the output is less than 1/4 watt on all
bands.
The AC supply's DC voltage looks good and the receiver works fine.

I am scheduled for a lot of business travel and will not be able to work on
this in the immediate future.
This may be a good restoration or project rig for someone with time to work
on it..

Asking $125.00 + shipping from 75070

73 - Dave
Dave Redfearn, ARS N4ELM, McKinney, TX
Email: n4elm at NOJUNKcomcast.net (to reply, remove NOJUNK)
QRL? de N4ELM/qrp