[TenTec] Re: Better control with multiple RX antennas

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Mon Jan 26 17:19:10 EST 2004

Bill,

Please excuse if I have already told you this. If you are going to put
much effort into a receive antenna switching system, I recommend using
pushbutton control verses a rotary switch. The reason being that when
the two or three antennas that are best for receiving a particular
station are not adjacent on the rotary switch, having to switch through
the other non-desirable antennas is really annoying, and a waste of
time. I'm sure you already know that the antenna that is best for a
particular station is often not the one you would expect. And often the
second best antenna is not the one that should have the pattern next to
the number one antenna.

I wish I had the antenna and switching setup now that I had seven years
ago. I was using a Kenwood TS-440 then, and seven two wire Beverages
with a reed relay switching system. Now I have a Omni VI and not enough
space for a Beverage. I often wonder how my contest score would have
been if I had the Omni back when I had those antennas.

DE N6KB