[TenTec] OMNI VI+ Serial Number

Duane Grotophorst n9dg at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 18:21:59 EST 2004

As I recall the last digit of the "newer" (post ~1990)
Ten Tec S/N scheme tells you the year of manufacture.
The "04" I'm not 100% sure of but I believe is the
month of the year it was manufactured, and the "A"
position is a batch number for that month, I think.

So based on that interpretation your S/N would be the
33rd radio of the "A" batch made in the 4th month of
1998. The "1" right after the "A" I think is there
just to make the S/N look bigger, - every single piece
of newer TT  that gear that I have here has a "1" in
that position...

Can anybody correct or add to that explanation???

Duane
N9DG