[TenTec] OMNI VI+ BFO crystals

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 09:14:53 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

The OMNI VI+ has BFO crystals that are frequency
shifted by trimmer caps that get switched in by the
microprocessor based on mode.

Occasionally I'll make a mode change and the BFO
frequency will not be quite right, the crystal is not
fully shifted by the trimmer cap.

I had this problem with a new OMNI VI+ in 2000, and
the factory sent me a new TX Audio Board (contains the
crystals) and a board swap solved the problem.

Has anyone else encountered this, and possibly have
any
suggestions other than the obvious fix, replacing the
BFO crystals?

Thanks,
Don Rasmussen WB8YQJ
Carlsbad, Ca.