[TenTec] Orion Power Out Problems

J. Crit Harley, MD, C.Ht. jcharley at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 30 15:43:04 EST 2004

Howdy folks.
Have seen mention of spontaneous, sudden, without warning, loss of power out
episodes in the Orions.
They are resolved (at least mine are) by power off/on cycle.
I am assuming this is a software not hardware issue, am I right?  Seemingly
not related to SWR.
I seem to remember (can't find the message right now), that some folks think
it is linked to use of SWEEP function.
Has that been confirmed?  Or is it only an assumption as the power out is so
episodic and unpredictable?
Love my Orion, but hate it when in the middle of a QSO, I am pounding away
on the brass, and suddenly the antenna is not radiating.
It is fun to see if I notice the problem before I hear my contact calling me
in my earphones, wondering where I went.
73/Crit/K4BXN