[TenTec] Model 544 TX/RX changeover problem

N4EKV adam at n4ekv.com
Sat Jan 31 07:34:40 EST 2004

I have a nice Model 544 that just developed a transmit/receive changeover
problem that I need some assistance diagnosing.

All was working FB in QSO on 75m LSB when I unkeyed the mic and the S-meter
went near full scale with RX sigs very muted.  Powering off/on the radio
fixed the problem until I keyed up again, and then the problem reoccured.
Maybe a T/R relay is sticking or dirty?  I believe this rig has a reed relay
and a second relay though I'm unsure which would cause this problem and what
corrective measure to take once identified.

Thanks in advance,

73,

Adam N.
Martinez, California