[TenTec] Reflector Problem

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Thu Jul 1 09:35:22 EDT 2004

Rich....

I just recieved this email and wanted to share it with you!

Tommy, I just got my Orion back from Ten Tec after 8 days turnaround period.
I had a problem with popping  when I unkeyed the rig, also having transmit
failure on cw  with sweep turned on, also having problem with subreceive not
coming up.

They resoldered connections of the CPU/DSP board and reset the
microprocessor. The popping is gone now as far as I can tell and the
subreceive came up this morning. Dont't know about the cw with sweep issue.

I know its likely that is not your problem since it started when the new
update was downloaded but with these radios you just never know. Maybe a few
bad solder connection just made themselves known. Anyway, thought I would
mention my experience because I was also having problems  which seemed to be
update related, but when i went back to two earlier versions I noticed the
problems were still there.

By the way, they just took  8 days and did not ever charge me freight back.
Hope you get the problems resolved soon.    Toby W4CAK