[TenTec] RS 25 A 13.8 v. switching supply

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 5 09:16:56 EDT 2004

The container says RF suppressed or something to that effect, and says it is
intended for ham and CB use.  Of course some may scoff at that which is
fine, however I have learned that in recent years, the switching supplies on
the market are not putting out a lot of RF.  That seems to have been a
problem back when they were new and the industry has fixed that with stand
alone supplies.  The RF problems seem to be in new PC supplies where
competitive market forces have caused production bean counters to eliminate
everything deemed unnecessary, i.e. p.s. chokes and beads.  I don't think
the stand alone p.s. market has been affected the same way.

Rob/K5UJ