[TenTec] Elmer Question

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Tue Jul 6 12:30:14 EDT 2004

Hi John:  We have had essentially three months of thunderstorms, including a 48 hour thunderstorm over FD weekend. The Orion's DSP and variable AGC, along with it's almost totally crunch proof front end, provides much superior performance during periods of severe QRN compared to my Omni VI+'s. In fact, if the lightning is more than a few miles off I can usually leave the DSP off since there's very little of the filter ringing that turns a pop into a prolonged crash.
73  Pete Allen  AC5E