[TenTec] Jupiter; opinions

EDWARD CRAWFORD w4wvw at msn.com
Tue Jul 6 18:54:51 EDT 2004

I have owned my Jupiter for only a couple weeks but so far I am enjoying it
completely. I would highly recommend it. My first "new in the box" HF rig
except for a Alinco DX-70TH which didn't stay here long after the TT's
started to move in.

I opted to not get the internal tuner for a couple reasons. I was told the
internal model would tune to say 1.8-2:1 swr and then stop and you had no
further control over the tuning. I believe the external LDG tuner has some
means of fine tuning the swr lower. It also has the memory options. And you
can always add the internal tuner later if you decide you can't do without
it. I guess it comes to how bad you want to spend $300 more. The kit is
about $200.

I would invest in the N4PY software instead of the remote pod and just use
the keyboard and mouse unless you operate from the Lazy Boy.

And it comes with a free 706 microphone this month.

You will enjoy it. Good luck. 73. Ed,w4wvw