AW: [TenTec] Why is the Jupiter better?

Carsten Esch carsten.esch at appello.de
Wed Jul 7 08:34:02 EDT 2004

Hi Bob,

I think the IC-746 PRO and Jupiter are 'in the same class'. However when you
compare prices you would also have to add at least a filter to the ICOM
price - no need to add a filter (and you really can't) in a JUPITER.
Also if I see the TT page in the US you get a Deskmicrophone for free the
next weeks if you order a JUPITER. The nonAT Jupiter is 1269,- and if you
add the tuner yourself it seems that the tuner is $ 209,- making a total of
$ 1478,- making the price gap smaller (you need an PS on the JUPITER still)
Depending on what you operate most the variable SSB transmit bandwidth is a
big plus on the JUPITER and so is possibility to update the JUPITER over the
internet plus fully PC-controllable e.g. with N4PY's software.

With the 30 day risk free trial you have in the US I would go for the
JUPITER for sure ...

73sss

Carsten, DL6LAU