[TenTec] 7.040 Audio Stream and New Rig!

Paul Valko prvalko at comcast.net
Mon Jul 5 16:54:25 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone!

This is my first official notice that after 20-some loving years, I've given
my trusty Corsair to a new home.  If you hear or work my friend Ken, N8UO,
ask him about it.

In center stage of the W8KC shack is a fairly-new Omni IV Option 3.

Since there may be some hams that have not heard of this, and others that
may have forgotten, I'd like to make this gentle reminder.

If you care to listen to the soothing sounds of 7.040Mhz, the official 40M
QRP calling frequency, as it sounds in the far north suburbs of metro
Detroit, point your web browser to http://www.w8kc.com/stream.asx

You will need Microsoft Media Player Version 9 to hear it.  Nothing against
the other formats, but that's what I'm supporting at the present.

The rig is a Ten*Tec Omni 6 + with a 1.8kc crystal filter.  My antenna is a
full wave dipole, ladder line fed, through an LDG-11 ATU.

eSWL reports cheerfully accepted to w8kc at arrl.net.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc
Listen to 7.040 MHz from anywhere with Media Player v9
http://www.w8kc.com/stream.asx