[TenTec] An example of changing Orion firmware tomeetexpectations of the operator.

Phil Howlett w9xx at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 8 16:41:20 EDT 2004

Hi Carl,

All that works very well if the radio is under computer control but I
suspect many users aren't doing that and even if they are, they're not doing
it "full time". What if I stumble in here in the middle of the night, snap
on the Orion, and hear something I want to work quickly? I don't want to
have to boot up the toy computer and get everything going while I listen to
the DX say "QRT". The Orion needs to stand on its own, period, and not need
peripheral contraptions to make it right.

Don't get me wrong. I like your program and the support you give it but I
don't think the Orion should need it to work to desires of all kinds of
operators.

73,
Phil, W9XX