[TenTec] An example of changing Orion firmware to meet expectations of the operator.

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Thu Jul 8 22:59:24 EDT 2004

Hmm, this is odd.  I'm still waiting for someone to explain why this
simple quick QSX function is somehow counter to the Orion's new design
point?  One is a design point, the other is a usability feature.  Of
course we can all continue to use it as it is.  But a simple change makes
it more handy in a pileup situation.  No "Whoops - forgot to hit TX on
VFOB . . ."  All done quickly for you so all you have to do is find the
guy he's working in the pileup.  Not a big deal, just a little nice
point.  This reflector sure is "interesting."  I'll leave it at that.

        73, Duane