[TenTec] Why is the Jupiter better?

Charles Greene W1CG at QSL.NET
Fri Jul 9 09:18:48 EDT 2004

Jim,

There is a big debate over Jupiter vs ICOM 746PRO, and as it is the Ten Tec
reflector, it is obviously biased toward the Jupiter.  I am coming more to
think the Jupiter would be a good rig for the club.  Observing the
operation of my K2 at field day, most operators didn't use the various
options, like narrow band filters and DSP, so it is obvious the K2 is
beyond most of them.

One guy said buying the Omni-VI was a good option, but my Omni-VI didn't
perform well at field day, as the display was not bright enough in the
sunlight.  Something like Larry's Yaesu - you couldn't read it during
daytime.  K2 was OK in that regard.

I'm forward one of the comments.