[TenTec] ORION LOSS OF AUDIO PROBLEM > PA3ARM INPUT TO TEN TEC

Harry van Enckevort Harry.van.Enckevort at tiscali.nl
Mon Jul 12 06:29:30 EDT 2004

Gentlemen,

As asked for :

See mi input to TEN TEC disnbits.com hereafter:

Gentlemen,
As asked for I want to (re) address mi audio issue as well.
(spoke briefly/mentioned it  wid/to  Scott in Friedrichshafen)

-first version here 1.358 (sept 2003)> no problems wid audio
-upgraded from 1.358 to 1.367 > never lost audio in 1.367
-upgraded from 1.367 to 1.369 > first time I noticed loss of audio
-1.369 useless (as far as loosing audio was concerned) so went back to
1.367 same day
-upgraded from 1.367 to 1.370 > only used a couple  of days  but hink
problem still there
-upgraded from 1.370 to 1.371 which I am using now; still loose (SUB)
audio occasionally but not as aften as in 1.369 so stick to 1.371;
-no long contest after 1.367 which (agn) was bullet proof; so no
experience wid new firmware
-most of mi profiles are set up as diversity; have external keyer
connected to Acc jack (PTT) es paddle to KEY at the back from the be
beginning
-no amp ; only barefoot

and yes I recognise below (from the reflector):

loud
buzz with no intelligible audio output. The RF portion appears to be
working - at least the S meter looks right. The only way I have found
out of this is a reboot. >>>>>>

73
de
Harry