[TenTec] Step size

Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales sales at tentec.com
Mon Jul 12 16:24:40 EDT 2004

At 09:57 AM 7/12/04 -0400, you wrote:
>Scott,
>
> > -- VFO's are not receivers --
>
>How does one define what is a property of the VFO and what is the property
>of the receiver?
>
>I would assume from the design that BW and PBT are functions of the receiver
>that the VFO should be limited to frequency setting. If that is the case,
>why does the tuning step size appear to be a function of the receiver?  In
>fact this can result in some confusion (which tuning step size to use) when
>both receivers are tied to the same VFO.
>
>73,
>Mark

Tuning step size is a function of receiver on the Orion, but really it should
be considered as part of VFO - there was no elegant way to make the
step size selectable per VFO on the radio.  And sure, when they're both
tied to one VFO it causes an overlap.

We had long discussions about what is receiver, what is VFO and how
each can be changed - and then it takes a lot of work to figure out what
will work logically and is user-friendly.

Scott Robbins, W4PA

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
   Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
   Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
   Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
   Email:  New product sales/product info         sales at tentec.com
              Service department                         service at tentec.com
   While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
   the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
   more complete answer to your inquiries.  Thanks!