[TenTec] Orion VFO vs RX philosophy

NJ0IP Rick at dj0ip.de
Tue Jul 13 00:03:23 EDT 2004

Duane, you are neglecting one minor but very important detail: time.

Things change and change is happening faster and faster.

Just one year ago I would have sworn on a stack of Ten-Tecs that I would
never do without a legacy front pane.  Right now I'm swaying - can't say I
will, but won't rule it out.

How many people said (swore) they would never switch to SSB (from AM)?
How many people said they would never switch to transistors instead of
tubes?
How many people said they could never live without a front panel? ;-)

All of us are human, and like I said, things change.

On thing I have learned is to never say "never".

73
Rick