[TenTec] Orion VFO vs RX philosophy

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Mon Jul 12 19:20:05 EDT 2004

I didn't neglect that detail.  Until I see a "virtual" design that does
things faster and more efficiently than knobs and buttons, there is no
reason for me to switch.  If I have to grab the mouse to move a volume
control, then I can't use the same mouse to be tuning at the same time,
and etc.  It's not change I'm reluctant to make, it's change that has no
improvement other than appearance.  That's why I have an Orion rather
than a ProII, a Kachina, or a 7800.  Well, I'd never pay $10K for a
radio, but you get my drift.  If I'm shackled to a keyboard and mouse (or
pod), then I'll stick with the direct controls - much faster and more
intuitive.  But, I plan to keep my eyes open and watching what's going
on.  When I think it's "there", I'll vote with my $.

        73,  Duane