[TenTec] Wanted: battery and noise help!

Mike Hyder -N4NT- mike_n4nt at charter.net
Tue Jul 13 14:27:43 EDT 2004

Hi, Clark--

I bought a huge marine battery at WalMart some years back.  It was a sealed
unit and one of it's claims to fame was that it would operate on its side or
standing up -- didn't matter.

I built a meter circuit using a zener diode so my meter wound up reading
from 11.8 to 13 volts, then put dry transfer lettering on the meter's dial,
"E" for 12v, and "F" for 12.8v with cutsy little pointers and markers at
half and quarter "full" points.

73,
Mike N4NT