[TenTec] Ebay Scam - TOPIC CLOSED!

Tom Sessions k4rv at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 17 08:14:44 EDT 2004

Whatever the rules may be, Ten-Tec owners and others have benefitted from
the info of this topic.  I am glad it was available.

Tom K4RV

auctions, discussions of auctions, or pointers to auctions,  be conducted
on this list.  Discussion closed.

> 73 de Jim - AD6CW
>
> Larry Greenberg N5BEA <larrylg1 at excite.com> wrote:
> This is not off the subject. eBay is a wonderful thing for hams, most of
whom are "natrual traders". PERSONALLY, I have bought and sold about 2
dozen pieces of TEN TEC items on eBay. They range in price from a few bucks
to the better part of $1000. So yes, it is appropiate to this group.!Larry
GreenbergN5BEA--- On Thu 07/15, Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales <
sales at tentec.com > wrote:
> From: Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales [mailto: sales at tentec.com]To:
tentec at contesting.comDate: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:12:30 -0400Subject: Re:
[TenTec] Ebay ScamThis is seriously off topic - but it's called "shilling"
and eBay DOES NOTallow that. You should complain to eBay.Scott W4PAAt 03:23
PM 7/15/04 -0400, you wrote:>Just a friendly warning to members of the list
of my experiences with some >"ebayer's" . I was bidding on a 262 power
supply so I could have vox with >my 544. KJM520 was the seller. I put in a
bid of what the maximum I was >willing to pay. So far so good. Near the end
of the bidding another person >out bid me. Still OK.The he withdrew his bid
leaving me the winner. Still >OK until I checked the address of the person
who bid up past my maximum >and then withdrew his bid. His call and Ebay ID
is N4VMV. His last name >and address is the same as the seller.He gave his
excuse" as couldn't >contact seller" Neat little deal. They bid up to th
> e maximum bid to >squeeze every dollar they can out of the buyer. As it
turned out the only >other bidder bid $10.00 so this scam cost me $41.00. I
asked the seller to >explain the reason for their actions but no reply.
They could have put a >reserve or minimum starting bid and got the same
result and been on the up >and up. Sorry to go off topic but it is a
Ten-Tec supply.Buyer >Beware.>>Lou-N3OD>>>>--->Outgoing mail is certified
Virus Free.>Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com).>Version: 6.0.716 / Virus Database: 472 - Release
Date: 7/5/2004>_______________________________________________>TenTec
mailing
list>TenTec at contesting.com>http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tent
Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USAContact Mon-Fri
Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4. Sal
> es (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs. Visit us at
Email: New product sales/product info sales at tentec.comService department
service at tentec.comWhile we make every effort to answer email in an
expedient manner,the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a
quicker andmore complete answer to your inquiries.