[TenTec] IC-7800

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Sun Jul 18 17:26:01 EDT 2004

Just took a look at the 7800 specs on ic-com's web site. In the
transmitter spurious emissions it says "More than 60 dB" and even more
spurious emissions than that on 50 MHz band. I have always been told
that dB means nothing without the reference specified, as dB is only a
way of expressing a ratio. Even if we assume that the reference is the
full power carrier output, as is commonly used, I thought that it was
preferrable to have the spurious emissions level at negative dB
referenced to the carrier, and the we want less and not more. I am
astonished!