[TenTec] 7800 reviews

Bernard(wtrone) wtrone at comcast.net
Sun Jul 18 22:49:02 EDT 2004

    I suspect that many new 7800 owners are going to be a little
disappointed at the reviews and results.  I also suspect that many bought
the radio on the faith that ICOM would produce it according to "published"
specifications.  Well, if I paid that much for a ham radio and something
about 1/3 the price was superior, I wouldn't be happy.  No, not at all!

    But, I waited about a year before I bought the Orion.  I wanted to see
the reports and tests.  I wanted to get feedback from users.  I wanted the
"bugs" to be out of it.  I'm happy with my purchase.

    Just one man's opinion.

            73,

            Bernard, WA4OEJ