[TenTec] Argonaut/Titan III

NJ0IP Rick at dj0ip.de
Wed Jul 21 13:11:51 EDT 2004

Josh,

I think you should tap onto the "T" signal in the Argonaut V as the signal
to key the Amp.  I did this with an old Argonaut 509, running the 405
amplifier.  I'm not an engineer so I "stole" ideas from other rig's
circuits.  My keying unit ended up being 3 transistors and a 25K Ohm
variable to addjust the delay for returning the amp to RX.

By using the "T" signal, you are sure that the amp gets the trigger to
switch to transmit before the first dit arrives.  The 405 didn't have a fast
QSK relay in it so I kept the delay adjusted where it could hear between
words, not between dits.  With the fast relay in the Titan, you will
probably be able to hear between dits.

You do not use the QSK keying circuitry in the Titan.  You just key it with
the input where you would hook a non-QSK rig.

If you're interested, I can draw the circuitry for you, scan it into a doc
and then send it.

73
Rick