[TenTec] SO2R with only one TenTec ORION?

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Thu Jul 22 00:42:51 EDT 2004

Now that's an interesting question.

The Orion has two receivers and produces two sets of band data for
independent selection of antennas. However, for SO2R you would need to be
able to listen on one band whilst transmitting on another.

Currently that's not possible with Orion though if one of its receivers is
completely independent of the transmit chain then in theory it could be.

I may be wrong but something tells me it's more than just firmware
limitations that prevent this.

Bob, 5B4AGN