[TenTec] Orion Roofing Filters

Merle Bone merlebone at charter.net
Fri Jul 23 22:15:33 EDT 2004

N8ME wrote:
 >However, with the 250 Hz, there is no peak, the spectrum looks and sounds
almost identical to the spectrum with the 20 kHz filter selected. I tried
adjusting the 250 Hz filter centering over the entire +/- 250 Hz range and
saw no change in the spectrum.

         Congratulations Mark...I think you've discovered a bug which the
beta
team missed in 1.371.  We've been actively discussing 500/250 Hz filter
issues
for fixing in 1.372 and I'm sure Gary is working on it as we speak.  Please
QRX and it should be fixed soon.

I would be interested in knowing what the problem is that is being
"researched?" I ran a bandwidth test, using the spectrum facility in
Hamscope and I can clearly see the bandwidth (Displayed as an amplitude
peak) of the 250Hz filter. I can also see the 500Hz, the 1KHz, the 1,8KHz
and the 2.4Khz. The 6KHz and the 20KHz are wider then the spectrum display
in Hamscope. So I'm not sure what Mark discovered? And Bill, I'm not sure
what the 250Hz filter problem is that is being worked on. Do you know more
about the problem? My test indicates the 250Hz filter is working as
expected?
Thanks,
Merle - W0EWM