[TenTec] Orion Roofing Filters

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sun Jul 25 15:53:24 EDT 2004

I have swapped the 250 and 500 Hz filters and the problem seems to follow
the 250 Hz filter, so it looks like that is the culprit.  Do you know if
these filters can be repaired? Does TT repair them? It doesn't look like
there is much to them, just the crystals and a few capacitors.

On a related question.  I put the 250 Hz filter in my Orion only because I
had one available.  If the filter can't be repaired, is it worth buying a
replacement? Has anyone encountered a situation where the 250 Hz filter
improved reception over the 500 Hz filter?

73,
Mark