[TenTec] omni v short dits

David McClafferty ve1adh at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 25 22:11:24 EDT 2004

I would dearly love to copy at high speed. I started
learning the code at about age 8, gave it up in my
late teens, got back at it at age 27 and passed my 10
WPM test. Got my Advanced (15WPM) at age 48. At this
point I could only copy by writing it all down so I
started to learn copying in my head. Now, at 64, I can
copy the W1AW bullitins at 18 WPM but not much faster.
I can send, however, to about 40 or better with a
single lever paddle and keyer. By contrast a friend of
mine picked up the code as a young boy by listening to
a ham friend who tapped out everything he was saying
in morse with a pencil on the table.
When it comes to CW ability we are not all created
equal.

Dave, VE1ADH

--- Tommy <aldermant at alltel.net> wrote: > Well Jim,
the reason for sending CW at speeds over

=== message truncated ===