[TenTec] Omni VI/3 problem

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 12:42:45 EDT 2004

Chris,

Couple  of ideas:  Internal battery may be low; also check the power supply:
  check the connection on the rear panel as sometimes it will become loose,
check the p.s. voltage level for 13.8 too.  If the rig gets low voltage it
can start doing crazy things.  Mine suddenly started behaving in a bizarre
way about 6 months ago (I can't remember what it was doing but it seemed
like a microprocessor problem) and some of the guys on here told me to check
the rear panel molex socket and plug for the p.s.  I did, and it was loose
and after I jammed it in the problem went away.

The prob. could be a combination of things -- unlike the nice classroom
problems in trade school, in the real world there are often two or three
minor things going on that add up.  The connection could be just bad enough
to add to the voltage drop on your p.s. cable to cause a problem.  If ur
p.s. cable is more than 3 feet long and it is possible to make it shorter
consider doing that.

Rob/K5UJ