[TenTec] Orion on the Way

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 21:34:57 EDT 2004

Hi,

It was said

>If you use an amplifier, there's no need for a tuner in the Orion.

There are some amps that do not match to 50 ohms,  especially the older ones
as the exciters of that era had tube finals with matching networks.  They
often would 'leave out' the matching circuit and and drive the Amp tubes
directly,  letting the exciter matching network handle the impedence
difference.

Just a FYI in case you are one of those old amp collectors.

Rig here is TT Orion w/ tuner and Swan MK 1  and it definately needs the
tuner in between.

Perhaps some day I'll step up for a new amp but this one just keeps on
workin...  May be Scott will have a great deal on a new CENTURION for me one
day.  ;)

73's
rich
KtSF