[TenTec] Lets talk furniture

Michael Pfeuffer wq5c at texas.net
Wed Jun 2 13:31:08 EDT 2004

Hi Jeff,

I've been looking at this stuff from Office Max:

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expansionOID=-536897599&prodBlockOID=537156800

The thing I like about this style is that it's a bit deeper than most of
the other sets I've found.  It doesn't have a shelf, but I think I've found
something better for that anyway:

Presently, I've been using a "bread rack" shelf for my gear.  It's wire
frame, and allows for good ventilation.  Instead of assembling it as it's
intended, which is a unit 6' high by 3' wide, I re-arranged things to make
a shelf 3' high by 6' wide.  ( I hope that makes sense. )  The whole thing
just sits on top of the desk.

I got the bread rack at Home Depot a couple of years ago for about
$60.  It's really sturdy, and holds heavy power supplies & amps easily.

GL,
--Mike WQ5C