[TenTec] Lets talk furniture

Dave Fifield dave at ad6a.com
Fri Jun 4 03:13:29 EDT 2004

Jeff, I have it on good authority that the IKEA Jerker
desks and accessories are great for computers/radios
etc. They are pretty good value for money - but it all
depends on if you have an IKEA near you. Here's
the link to their website:

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/IkeamsSearch?storeId=12&langId=-1&catalogId=10101&searchType=product&pageNumber=-1&orderBy=score&category=%23%7EProducts&query=jerker

For my ham radio operating position I currently use
an large lump of melamine covered particle board on
a couple of those fold-out table legs. It's not pretty, but
it was very cheap and is functional. I also have a pile of
rather nice ash that I intend to turn into a custom desk
with shelves for my ham gear one day....when time
allows (ha-ha....when I retire in about 10 years maybe!).

Cheers es 73,
Dave, AD6A