[TenTec] Need Pegasus Help

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Fri Jun 4 15:15:45 EDT 2004

What software are you using with the Pegasus?  Are you using the software
that comes with the radio from TenTec or some from a third party?

Do other radio functions seem to work? Can you tune the radio to different
frequencies / modes? While receiving, does the S-Meter indication seem to
work. If these are working, that indicates that the serial port
communication between the computer and the radio is working. If either of
these isn't working, I would look for a problem with the serial port
communication.

What happens when you try to adjust the speed? Does the onscreen indicator
move / change?

If you are using the TenTec software, I would look in the folder where the
program is installed for an INI file, back it up to another location and
delete it. You will lose your settings, but the radio should go back to its
defaults and that may get the CW speed working.

If that doesn't work, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the
software.

73,
Mark