[TenTec] Tranceiving accurately

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Sat Jun 5 12:26:43 EDT 2004

Bob, I use a frequency counter very loosely coupled to one of my dummy loads to confirm TX frequency - an an ancient 1.0 mHz crystal calibrator zero beat against WWV to confirm the HP's accuracy. Any error in the measuring system is within 2 Hz at any "exact megacycle" below 20 mHz,  and any TX  frequency error shows up quite conspicuously - provided the RX and TX frequency are supposed to be the same.

Of course, if the TX is supposed to be offset by some fixed amount, 700 Hz say, that is not quite so conspicuous, but as long as everthing is supposed to roll off to a string of zeros small errors are pretty obvious.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

--
Never squat with your spurs on