[TenTec] HyTower radials

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 10:12:18 EDT 2004

I have heard the same thing Bill mentioned.  There are two 160 conversion
kits sold by MFJ (Hygain) for the hytower:  one involves the base loading
coil and is not very good.  The other turns the hytower into a sort of
inverted L and is supposed to work much much better.  I have never had any
direct experience; just reporting what I have heard which is to avoid the
base coil and go with the other conversion kit if you can.  It costs more
but I've been told is worth it.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ