[TenTec] Question for Contesters:

al_lorona at agilent.com al_lorona at agilent.com
Tue Jun 8 20:20:40 EDT 2004

Hey, Rick!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I agree; it's a fuzzy definition
right now. I work for a company that defines the cutting edge in
digitization of signals and SDR and things like that, and so I have a
purist's view of things. I have to come back to Earth to avoid becoming
too arrogant.

The Orion is almost there. There are signals that it can't demodulate
whether due to bandwidth limitations, or not having the DSP horsepower
to handle generic things like spread spectrum techniques or PSK and MFSK
*in-the-radio*. True SDR doesn't care what the signal's amplitude,
frequency or phase are doing; it just requires another algorithm to
decode the signal. But the Orion is definitely the closest things us
hams have ever had to true SDR.

Thanks again, and talk to you soon. I really appreciate your message.

Regards,

Al W6LX