[TenTec] Radials

NJ0IP Rick at dj0ip.de
Wed Jun 9 20:27:42 EDT 2004

Thanks Jim

I only run vertical dipoles fed with openwire and don't need any radials.

What I was trying to point out is that someone trying to learn from this
thread has been fed stories which are all over the map and there doesn't
seem to be any concensus other than "the more the better".  There were
strong arguments made for resonate and strong arguments made for
non-resonant.  Some said 30 were enough.  Others said it's worth the money
and effort for 120.

For me the best answers were the ones specifically pointing to links where
we can go and study up on the subject.

And once again, the question of 30x 1/4 vs 60x 1/8 wavelength radials
remains unanswered.
I find that to be a very interesting and practical question.
In all of my reading in the past, including W6SAI's entire book on vertical
antennas, I don't recall that ever being addressed.

73
Rick