[TenTec] Re: Contesting

Bernard(wtrone) wtrone at comcast.net
Thu Jun 10 22:46:28 EDT 2004

    Unfortunately Bob you are wrong.  I asked the TenTec representative at
the Huntsville Hamfest last Summer why they didn't use a color display on
the Orion.  His answer was simple.  Cost!  They felt that it would add about
another $400-$500 to the cost.  Of course with the advent of the IC-7800, an
extra $500 doesn't look too bad anymore, does it?

    Anyhow, that answer came straight from TenTec.

            73

            Bernard, WA4OEJ