[TenTec] Re: Contesting

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jun 11 06:51:25 EDT 2004

DJ0IP wrote:
 >This thread has degenerated all the way down to "Joe HT" and I haven't a
clue who or what Joe HT is.  Normally, for better or for worse, everything
originating in the states [eventually] makes it over here in Europe.  Either
this Joe guy is still crossing the Atlantic or else I've missed something.

         Oops...I coined that term intending it as a play on "Joe Six-Pack"
(J6P)
which is often used in the advertising community to describe the average male
TV audience.  As long as we don't "export" our politically-correct feel-good
educational system in which "everyone is above average" (Garrison Keillor's
Lake Wobegone), you have nothing to fear in Europe.  Thank goodness for all the
bright immigrants that continue to be attracted to this country.  My 97 year
old mother just saw an ER MD yesterday who emigrated from Ghana.  Unfortunately
their motivation only lasts about one generation before we completely corrupt
their kids in our educational system.

         Joe HT will believe anything the advertisers tell him.  Unfortunately
most advertisers do not tell the truth and Joe is left believing his
"astonishing
ultimate unparalleled Masterpiece" is actually worth $11,000 when it is
actually
just another mediocre performer in a long series of the same, albeit with gobs
of flash, whistles and bells...but that's what appeals to Joe.  Sad.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV