[TenTec] contesting

Bernard(wtrone) wtrone at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 23:21:09 EDT 2004

    Mike:

        It is more likely that the ones making the comments were the ones
wishing that they had
a FT-1000 or an IC-781.

        I have no doubt that ICOM will sell a lot of IC-7800s.  But, I still
see many negative comments on eham.com about the continuing problems with
the IC-756 Pro II which is also an expensive ham transceiver.

        I wouldn't worry about someone's comments, either pro or con.  Do
your own research and form your own opinions.  Then make your choice and
enjoy the hobby.

        I replaced my FT-1000 with an Orion because I thought that the Orion
was the best on the market.  If I thought that the ICOM-7800 was better, I'd
be saving up for one.  But, I don't think that it is better.

        Each to their own!

            73

            Bernard, WA4OEJ