[TenTec] Orion 1.371

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sat Jun 12 16:35:59 EDT 2004

John,

Interesting comment on the sweep. One of the reasons that I returned my
Orion last summer was the sweep. The thing that really upset me about it was
when I selected a smaller sweep range was that instead of getting higher
resolution (smaller frequency steps between vertical bars), the vertical
bars just got wider. It looked like the frequency steps were a fixed size,
regargless of the sweep range. Has this been improved.

I think you are familiar with the Icom 756 Pro. How does the Orion sweep
compare with that?

Mark