[TenTec] Orion Finished?

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 22:48:36 EDT 2004

> operating my Orion/Titan 3 that  my system DID NOT exhibit this
> problem until after I installed v1.371, and that it DOES NOT exhibit
> this problem if I go back to v1.370, and it DOES NOT exhibit this
> problem if I run v1.371 and set the L/R/Spkr audio to MAIN instead of
> BOTH?
>
> Puzzles me.

I admit it's puzzling.

If T-T has in fact said they can reproduce the problem or seem to know
what is causing it, it would certainly be interesting to hear what the issue
is.  But if they know what's causing it a fix should be in the offing.

Wonder if anyone else with a Titan III has experienced the problem?  If it
isn't a general Orion/Titan III problem then it sounds like a side effect
related to something unique in your configuration that's exposing a
marginal timing/switching parameter either in the radio or in the amp.
Could still be related to ersatz RF floating around somewhere it doesn't
belong.

Grant/NQ5T