[TenTec] ALC Indicator

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Thu Jun 17 10:47:45 EDT 2004

Frank,
I don't see the ALC behaviour here that you have observed with your
Orion.  On CW my ALC light illuminates whenever I key the rig,
regardless of power level.  On SSB whether it illuminates or not depends
largely upon mic gain level as would be expected.  I haven't seen the
band change problem you describe either.

Sorry that's not much help, other than you now know they don't all do it.

73  Bob, 5B4AGN