[TenTec] ALC Indicator

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 17:53:09 EDT 2004

Hmmm  - Bob's comments make me wonder if somthing on that order may be the reason I have not observed some of the other things Orion owners have commented on.

My shack is powered by a pair of RM-70's that are on 24/7, backed by a very fast changeover to battery relay when the AC drops out.  So my Orion always comes on to full or nearly full voltage; where just turning the power supply off without turning the Orion on  would power up the Orion before the PS voltage really stabilized.  Guess I will drag the Tektronix home and look at the keying waveform as well as the PS' initial stability.

And for another thought, it might be profitable to take a good hard look at the Molex power connector. I have seen a lot of those whose pins are on the loose side giving an intermittant poor contact on power up.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E