[TenTec] keyer

mgoins mgoins at mail.ev1.net
Sat Jun 19 12:37:00 EDT 2004

Lots of choices out there and sort of depends on what you want/need. For a simple kit, I like the NorCal. Easy to build, small, and works well. As does the one TenTec makes. Both come without cabinets, so they can be built into nearly anything you want (including the Corsair if you aren't fanatical about keeping it stone stock).

Bigger kit/pre-built, I reall like the Logic Keyers, and I've used a good many others. I op at 1 watt here, so I have one of the CMOS-4 keyers. Has plenty of memory, uses very little power, and easy to use/set up.

As I said, lot so choices, especially with keyers. Ebay is oftne loaded with them - new, old, kit, etc., and they are usually easy to find at hamfests.

One opinion. Mine.

mike
K5WMG