[TenTec] Orion Popping

Toby Pennington toby423 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 19 21:30:41 EDT 2004

My Orion has developed a rather loud clicking or popping noise when it unkeys in either PTT or VOX.  I also notice that when it unkeys that there is a spike in output power as indicated on the outboard peak reading wattmeter. I never noticed it until
updating to 1370. I am using version 1371 now. I can turn on the NB and the popping is subdued, but the wattmeter still spikes as it unkeys. The popping is not unlike an appliance electrical pop or click when turned on or off.  Is anyone else on the list experiencing this anomaly or have you experienced it in the past?  Thanks!  Toby W4CAK