[TenTec] E-Ham Bad Orion Review

KD7EFQ at aol.com KD7EFQ at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 08:14:24 EDT 2004

Hello, anyone notice the latest Bad Orion Review by N7XCH on E-ham?  I just
find it extremely strange that some people are having so much trouble with this
radio while others keep reporting no problems. I know some of the older
generation are vehemently against putting up with any little glitches etc. that are
common in most computer defined electronics of ALL kinds today. ( I am also
amused by the posts on here By Sinisa Hristov...I always think of the word
Sinister upon seeing his name Hi Hi.. But he does keep me grounded and cautious
when I think I'm getting Orion fever.)

  While I do think some people who get an Orion just aren't smart enough to
operate or appreciate one,  I also see more advanced operators having minor
problems as well. I'm
now thinking of waiting until the next big advance...say Orion II (or A or
whatever) with digital modulation before upgrading. I am seeing too many Paragon
flashbacks with Orion in it's current state. 73.  Todd  KT0DD